Date: Friday, November 9, 2018
Kickoff: 7:00 PM CST
Location: Evansville Bosse High School – Enlow Field – 1300 Washington Ave, Evansville, IN 47714.
Special Events: Presentation of Game Ball and IHSAA Regional Placard
Admission: $8 per session; (pre-school and younger – free). Gates will open at 5:45pm CST. Lost tickets will not be replaced. Pass-Outs only allowed in an emergency. Note: SIAC, EVSC, Memorial passes and/or Memorial Student/Faculty ID’s are NOT valid.
Parking: Evansville Bosse High School Parking Lots.
Outside Food and Drink: Outside Food and Drink are NOT allowed in facility. Note: Diocesan policy prohibits the use of alcohol and tobacco products at all school events.
1. Banners and posters are not allowed.
2. No battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music, sirens or whistles are allowed.
3. Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed.
4. No live animal mascots are permitted at anytime.
5. The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.
Radio Broadcast: WEAO 98.5 FM, WREF 97.7 FM, WJAA FM
Print Media: Evansville Courier Press, Jackson County Tribune, Seymour Tribune
Web Media: Speaktherights.com
Game Notes (researched by Mike Skvara):
- Tigers are currently on a record 20 game win streak. The old record was 17 set during the 1958-1959 seasons under head coach Gene Logel.
- Memorial had a 40 game non-losing streak (35 wins & 5 ties) set during the 1934-1938 seasons under head coach Don Ping.
- Set the new school record of 572 points in a season in last week’s 56-28 sectional championship victory over Gibson Southern. The old record was 549 set by the 2017 3A state championship team.
- Brownstown Central is the last team to defeat Memorial in state tournament play. The only time the two teams played each other in football was the 30-7 Brownstown win at home in the 2016 regional.
- Both teams are similar in offensive and defensive scoring. Memorial is averaging 47.7 points per game on offense while giving up on defense 13.5. Brownstown Central is averaging 46.2 on offense and 14.1 on defense.
- A Memorial regional win should move the Tigers to 4A for the 2019 season due to the IHSAA success factor rule.
- Last week in the win over Gibson Southern was the first time in 2018 that the Tigers trailed on the scoreboard. They fell behind 7-0 and 14-7 in the first half for a total of 5:56.
- Memorial has outscored their opponents 385-33 in the first half. Only team to score in the first half: North(3pts); Bosse(8pts);Harrison(8pts); and Gibson Southern(14pts).
- The Tigers defense has 28 takeaways (14 fumble recoveries and 14 interceptions). They also have 59 tackles for loss and 29 QB sacks.
- Memorial is plus 15 in takeaways (28) to turnovers (13-7 fumbles lost & 6 interceptions) ratio.
2018 IHSAA 3A Football Tournament Bracket: 2018 Updated Football Bracket